Every business, every product, every service has a story to tell. It can be written in words but also told with images. The guide below is the secret sauce to creating and sourcing your image gallery.
A few initial questions to ask yourself:
- Who is your target audience? (You'll want to make sure lifestyle images include these people)
- What emotions do you want your business to be associated with?
- What setting/location is your product or service associated with?
4 Image Categories for Curation
Example Image Story: Bike Manufacturer
The company represented in the grid created is a bike manufacturer. Their values and brand are based on spending exhilarating time outdoors with friends.
- The target audience is 10 to 25 years old
- Emotions related to the product include adrenalin and simple fun
- The product is primarily sold in the pacific northwest for both off road and in city
Combining the Images
Once the images are selected, the grid is laid out based on color, image type, and subject matter. Placing two very busy or red toned images beside each-other will create disinterest.
Notice the following in the grid above:
- Primarily green images are not placed next to each-other but separated with red or white.
- The target audience is featured both with and without the product
- Images that correspond with the ideals or love of the company are featured, though they are not directly related to the product - dogs (dog loving company culture), grass (the product is common found in grass and the culture is outdoor centric)
- Only two true product shots are featured yet there is no doubt that the story revolves around bikes
- The overall feeling of the grid is outdoors, innocence, summer, fun with friends
Sharing the Story
Your curated images can be used as a social post schedule, gallery page on your website, or a general media library. The continuous use of your curated gallery will instill a brand tone and story. A majority of your audience may not see the images the first time you post it, and possibly not the second- so share away and don't be afraid to recycle.
Ready to have A+ imagery of your own product? Plan a photoshoot Like us to curate images for you? Let's start a project